The specialism of Neurology deals with disorders of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. At the outpatient clinic Neurology at ACIBADEM International Medical Center, adults with the most common neurological diseases are examined and treated.
Complaints and disorders
Your general practitioner can refer you, among other things, to our neurologist for:
- Back problems
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Headache, Cluster headaches and Migraines
- Memory problems
- Migraine and cluster headache
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Neck complaints
- Nerve pain
- Parkinson’s disease
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
The department of Neurology distinguishes itself by offering:
- Fast access time (currently 2 weeks);
- Personal attention through longer consultation times (30 minutes);
- Diagnostic examination on the same day (if necessary);
- The possibility of formulating a multidisciplinary treatment plan in collaboration with other specialisms within ACIBADEM;
- Extensive feedback to your general practitioner.
Often more information is needed about the functioning of the brain, nerves and muscles. Additional neurological examination takes place at the Radiology department of ACIBADEM International Medical Center. An examination of the electrical activity of your brain, nerves and senses will be made. When you have to undergo surgery, the neurologist will refer you to a neurosurgeon.
These examinations can consist of:
- CT scan head / brain
- MRI scan head / brain
- MRI scan back / spine
- Vascular research through:
- Doppler examination (listening to the blood flow using sound waves)
- Duplex research (a combination of Doppler research and ultrasound)
Counseling and rehabilitation
We mainly offer guidance and rehabilitation of neurological patients internally at the Physiotherapy department of ACIBADEM International Medical Center.
Make an appointment
In order to visit our Neurology department, you need a referral letter from your general practitioner or medical specialist. You can make an appointment by calling +31 (0)20 238 8800. You can also request an appointment on our website through the appointment form or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, and we will contact you within 24 hours.